AVEDA'S GREEN INGREDIENTS AND MANUFACTURING:
· Certified organic.
· Naturally derived, which Aveda defines to be more than 50% of the molecule comes from a plant, non-petroleum mineral, water, or some other natural source.
· Sourced from sustainable or renewable plant-based origins and does not negatively impact the ecosystems from which they are sourced.
· All of Aveda's essential oils are processed in an environmentally responsible manner through steam distillation
· All Aveda products are manufactured with 100% wind power through renewable energy credits and carbon offsets balancing electrical and natural gas usage.
· 90% of Aveda’s high-density polyethylene plastic bottles use a minimum of 80% post-consumer recycle materials, made from milk bottles.